The 2023 Careers Convention
Advisers Needed: Parents, if you can assist as an adviser at the Careers Convention, either in your professional and work area or your academic interests, please contact Mr Whild by email.
This year, the Careers Convention will be at the School on Monday 5 June. There are three parts to the Convention, held jointly with six schools.
1) The Courses and Careers Exhibition: The exhibition will be held in the School Gymnasium from 3pm to 5pm. The major universities will be exhibitors, with a number of private tertiary education providers also represented.
2) Courses and Careers Talks: There will be as series of talks by the universities and other providers of tertiary education; AMT, Palladium and the JVH from 4.30pm.
3) Careers Advising: This will take place in Palladium Building classrooms from 5.00pm to 7.00pm. It will be an opportunity for boys in Forms IV, V and VI and their parents, to meet informally with advisers from many career and university areas.
ANU – Direct Entry and Tuckwell Scholarship opens 1 March, 2023
The first step in applying for a Tuckwell Scholarship is to submit a Stage 1 Application. Detail at Tuckwell Scholarship Program Australian National University ANU timeline and information at https://www.anu.edu.au/study/apply/domestic-applications-anu-undergraduate
University Information Evenings: USYD and UNSW
See https://www.events.unsw.edu.au/ and https://www.sydney.edu.au/study/events-for-prospective-students/undergraduate.html
Both the UNSW and USYD hold information evenings for various courses. The UNSW Medicine Information Evening is on 14 March and there is an upcoming Law information event. There will also be Form IV (Year 10) evenings that provide information on university courses and admission procedures. USYD hold their Year 10 Information Evenings later in the term. Detail of these events will be published on Canvas and on university websites.
USA College and UK Admissions
Dr Vines and Mr Whild are advising on US college admission for 2024. The Education USA website is an excellent source of information at https://educationusa.state.gov/your-5-steps-us-study Mr Whild gives advice on UK admissions see www.ucas.com
These cadetships combine university study with paid work at UBS, Barrenjoey Capital and Macquarie Group. Partners. Applications open soon for boys in Form VI at www.businesscadetships.com.au
Work Experience in Form IV
The School does not offer a work experience program in school time. Those boys who can arrange their own work placement in the school holidays should see Mr Whild in SB10 for the necessary paper-work, including insurance cover.
Boys can access career and course information on Canvas; parents and boys can contact Mr Whild by email.
- Universities Admissions Centre
- Melbourne University
- University of New England
- Wollongong University
- Western Sydney University
- Australian National University
- Macquarie University
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of Sydney
- University of Technology, Sydney
- Oxford University
- Cambridge University
- Register on line
- The Library of Information from the College Board
- Presentations to prepare students for the SAT