The Fathers’ Association was formed in 1961. Its mission is to give support to activities for boys outside the classroom. We also provide an informal link between the School, boys, Masters and parents.
Role and Contribution
Contributions by the Fathers’ Association cover every aspect of School life and include:
- Arranging informal functions which provide parents with the opportunity to meet others at the School, discuss issues and make friends;
- Support of the arts, sport, cadets and many other activities offered at the School;
- Providing the boys with tangible support through the provision of the BBQ at home games at Weigall.
- Fundraising events to provide for funding of a wide range of activities for the boys at the School.
Every father of a boy at the School is encouraged to join the Fathers’ Association. Even if you have time constraints and are not able to contribute as a committee member, your membership will be rewarded through seeing the activities of the Association continue to flourish.
Our planned activities this year include:
- Hosting the Prefects’ Dinner
- Providing support at the Welcome to Form I Parents Evening
- Providing support at the Careers Night
- Hosting the Masters’ Dinner
- Running the Weigall BBQ, considered to be the best BBQ across all GPS venues!
To show your support for the Association, please join the Sydney Grammar Fathers’ Association by visiting https://www.trybooking.com/GULB for Life Membership. At the web site, you will also be able to indicate your support to help in any of the following: Committee, Weigall Barbeque, Fundraising or Functions.
Please join us for our meetings on the first Thursday of every month during term time, beginning at 6.00 pm. Meetings generally last no longer than an hour and are held in a convivial and constructive atmosphere.
Please visit www.sgsfa.com.au website for further information.
|Mr Matthew Budden||Phone: 0418 886 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Christopher Brennan||Phone: 0421 055 email@example.com|
|Mr Geoff Plaisted||Phone: 0404 331 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Peter Richardson||Phone: 0423 365 email@example.com|