The Fathers’ Association was formed in 1961. Its mission is to give support to activities for boys outside the classroom. We also provide an informal link between the School, boys, masters and parents.
Role and Contribution
Contributions by the Fathers’ Association cover every aspect of School life and include:
- Arranging informal functions which provide parents with the opportunity to meet others at the School, discuss issues and make friends;
- Support of the arts, sport, cadets and many other activities offered at the School;
- Providing the boys with tangible support through the provision of the barbeque at home games at Weigall;
- Fundraising events to provide for funding of a wide range of activities for the boys at the School.
Every father of a boy at the School is encouraged to join the Fathers’ Association. Even if you have time constraints and are not able to contribute as a committee member, your membership will be rewarded through seeing the activities of the Association continue to flourish.
Our planned activities this year include:
- Hosting the Prefects’ Dinner
- Providing support at the Welcome to Form I Parents Evening
- Providing support at the Careers Night
- Hosting the Masters’ Dinner
- Running the Weigall Barbecue, considered to be the best barbecue across all GPS venues
To show your support for the Association, please join the Sydney Grammar School Fathers’ Association by visiting here for Life Membership. Upon registration, you will also be able to indicate your support to help in any of the following: Committee, Weigall Barbecue, Fundraising or Functions.
Please join us for our meetings on the first Thursday of every month during term time, beginning at 6:00pm. Meetings generally last no longer than an hour and are held in a convivial and constructive atmosphere. At the end of each meeting, members gather socially at a nearby venue.
Please visit Sydney Grammar School Fathers’ Association website for further information.
|Mr Matthew Budden
|Phone: 0418 886 129
|Mr Tarquin Samuels
|Phone: 0434 588 818
|Mr Richard Li
|Phone: 0426 203 009
|Mr Peter Richardson
|Phone: 0423 365 165
|Mr Ben Callaway
|Phone: 0419 846 670