The School Archives were established in 1981 to facilitate research into the School's history.
Click here to take a virtual tour of the Archives Museum.
Sources available to assist Old Sydneians, biographers and others interested in the School include:
- Sydney College Register 1835-1850
- SGS Liber Nominum 1857-1913
- Speech Day Reports 1859-1970
- The Sydneian, 1875-1979
- SGS magazine
- A History of SGS by C Turney (1989)
- SGS Olympians
- Edgecliff Preparatory School material and SGEPS Archives
- SGS World War I Honour Board and list of servicemen
- List of SGS World War II casualties compiled by J Williamson - (Please use the zoom function to read table)
- SGS From its Earliest Days book (1924)
- SGS Press Publications
- Architectural drawings and plans
- Building and restoration files
Literary works by staff and pupils and references to the School are featured in many publications which are collected and held in the Archives Reference Library.
A comprehensive photographic collection records sporting and other activities pursued by generations of Grammar boys. However, significant gaps exist in some areas, and we are always interested in expanding our photographic holdings. Please contact the School Archivist for more information on email@example.com.