The library is named after AB 'Banjo' Paterson, one of the School's most famous Old Boys (1875-1881).
It contains seating for 200 pupils in a variety of areas. Most items in the library are available for loan.
- Books - over 50,000 volumes (10,000 are fiction)
- Magazines, journals and newspapers
- DVDs and CDs
- Audio books on CD - mainly fiction
- Online databases and encyclopedias
- Syllabus and course outlines from the NSW Board of Studies
- The Sydneian 1875 - current
- University handbooks
The library is open from 8:00am - 6:00pm on school days.
The Library will be closed on Anzac Day, but will open from 9am to 3pm for the rest of the holiday period.
Boys who would like to work in a library when the School library is closed could try either Sydney City Library in Customs House at Circular Quay, the State Library of NSW on Macquarie Street, or their own local public library.