Professional Opportunities at Sydney Grammar School
St Ives Preparatory School is part of Sydney Grammar School; a secular school for boys. The School is currently seeking well-qualified and motivated candidates for the following position:
DIRECTOR & SCIENCE TEACHER P-2
Sydney Grammar School is inviting applications for a new full time position of Director & Science Teacher (P-2) at its St Ives Preparatory School.
This leadership position will involve collaborative implementation of the teaching programme and the provision of pastoral care for Preschool to Year 2 boys as well as team teaching Science to Early Stage One and Stage One classes.
Essential qualifications for the position are a tertiary degree in Science or a Science related discipline and recognised training, qualifications and experience as a primary school teacher.
The successful candidate will start work as soon as possible during Term II of this year.
A detailed job description is available to view on the School’s website at www.sydgram.nsw.edu.au/about-grammar/professional-opportunities or Click here.
General information about the School may be found on the School’s website at www.sydgram.nsw.eud.au
Applications including resume with the names and telephone numbers of three referees should be sent to the Headmaster, Sydney Grammar School St Ives Preparatory School, 11-21 Ayres Road, St Ives, NSW 2075 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edgecliff and St Ives - Positions
Edgecliff Preparatory School and St Ives Preparatory School are part of Sydney Grammar School; a secular school for boys. The Preparatory Schools are currently seeking well-qualified and motivated candidates for the following positions:
EDGECLIFF PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Permanent teaching position in Stage 2 or 3, commencing at the beginning of Term III 2018.
Applications, including resume and the names of three referees, should be sent by email to the Headmaster, Sydney Grammar School Edgecliff Preparatory School, Alma Street Paddington NSW 2021 or email email@example.com
ST IVES PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Maternity Leave position teaching Year 3 for one year, commencing at the beginning of Term III 2018.
Applications, including resume and the names of three referees, should be sent by email to the Headmaster, Sydney Grammar School, St Ives Preparatory School 11-21 Ayres Road St Ives or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicants will be enthusiastic, creative and dedicated educators who are strong and positive collaborators and will embrace the rich and unique Grammar culture. They will also be expected to engage in the wider life of the School including Saturday morning commitments.
General information about the School may be found on the School’s website at www.sydgram.nsw.edu.au
Sydney Grammar School - Catering Coordinator
Sydney Grammar School is located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The school has a unique opportunity available for a Catering Coordinator who will work with a range of stakeholders across a multitude of activities, events and concerts.
The position is full time, during term-time (negotiable).
You will work together with the Events Manager and be responsible for overseeing the food and beverage component of the school’s daily activities and provide administrative assistance to events.
The successful candidate will be organised and able to plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, be able to create systems to ensure efficiency; and uphold excellent customer service.
The right candidate will bring either at least 2 years industry experience or equivalent experience in another ‘task-related’ role that utilised your skills in planning, organizing, systemising and customer service. Experience in the food industry will be highly regarded.
You will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and the desire to be part of one of the expansive SGS Community; have excellent communication and customer service skills.
The right candidate will be able to create opportunities for role expansion and growth.
Sydney Grammar School operates on a busy schedule and provides various catering options for staff on campus. Additionally SGS hosts a busy annual events and activities calendar across a range of departments.
• Proven food and beverage management experience will be considered highly.
• Knowledge, understanding and experience in coordinating daily operations within the food and beverage context; or proven skills related to this role even if in a different industry.
• Working knowledge of computer software programs especially Word and Excel, you must be able to confidently navigate both these programs.
• Highly developed organisational skills and ability to multi-task and keep to schedule.
• A self-starter who has the ability to drive your own schedule and take initiative in every aspect of the job.
• Excellent communication skills demonstrated by your understanding of collaboration in a team environment.
• Customer oriented and service minded.
• Relevant legislative certification including a valid NSW RSA Competency card and Food Safety certificate (you will be required to complete this if you are successful).
• Current NSW Driver Licence (Manual Preferred).
How to apply:
• A short covering letter outlining your suitability to fulfil this role.
• A response to each of the essential criteria listed above, demonstrating how you meet the criteria.
• A short resume, include the name and telephone number of two referees.
• Full Position Description - Click here
• Applications can be emailed to email@example.com by the closing date below:
• Applications close: Friday 25 June; by 4pm
Enquiries: please contact the Events Manager – Tina Demetriou on 02 9332-5800
Sydney Grammar School is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must include a current Working with Children Check Number with their application. Persons prohibited from working with children must not apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons prohibited from working with children must not apply.